BEST VAPE STARTER KITS UK
We have curated a selection of what we think are the best Vape Starter Kits currently available on the market.
Our selection is based on extensive research and testing and we believe that if you are new to vaping and ready to make your first vaping kit purchase or you simply wish to try a new set-up, then you should be able find a vape starter kit in this list that will set you on the road to a tobacco free life!
WHAT ARE VAPE STARTER KITS?
Vaping has become a huge industry with a plethora of different vaping products to choose from. For a beginner in 2018 it can be a daunting task to decide which product to buy to get started on your vaping journey. Even for seasoned vapers it can be complex and confusing to work out which combination of products will satisfy your vaping style and tastes.
Starter Kits aim to reduce the number of decisions you need to make and provide a neatly selected kit containing everything you need to get started or experience a new set-up.
WHY STARTER KITS ARE IDEAL FOR FIRST TIME VAPERS
Starter Kits are ideal for first time vapers because they conveniently contain everything you need to get started right out of the box. You choose your starter kit and off you go. Also, if your starter kit is a combination of products, they have usually been put together because they work well together and the combo is tried and tested.
WHAT IS USUALLY IN A STARTER KIT?
A Starter Kit will usually contain the following components.
- A tank, clearomiser or atomiser. This is the part that you fill with e-liquid and usually sits at the top (with the mouthpiece). It also contains the coil/wick or atomiser that heats the liquid to produce the vapour.
- A drip tip (the mouthpiece)
- A battery. This is usually in a box or pen shape (hence the terms box mod and vape pen). They come with varying levels of power. Box mods are usually more powerful than vape pens.
- A charger. Usually USB, so you can charge your battery via the mains or a computer.
- E-liquid. A bottle of flavoured e-liquid, usually containing nicotine of a particular strength (6mg – low strength, 12mg -medium, 18mg – high strength).
- Spares. Some kits might also include a case and/or spare parts such as coils or drip tips etc.
WHICH STARTER KIT IS RIGHT FOR ME?
Not all starter kits are equal. Starter kits cover the full range of products available, so you can get a very basic vape pen starter kit, a less basic vape pen starter kit, and all-in-one Pod Mod device or a complex and powerful box mod starter kit. Still a minefield? Here are some pointers.
VAPE PEN AND AIO STARTER KITS
For complete beginners, a vape pen, or all-in-one (pod mod) style vape kit is probably more suitable. It’s best to start off with minimal customisation settings and simple and user friendly device.
A vape pen or all-in-one will get you started. But remember, the vaping experience can be very different across devices, so think about what you like and what type of smoker you are and do a little research.
There are some great vape pen starter kits available, some are quire robust and powerful.
BOX MOD STARTER KITS
For those who may have already purchased a vape pen or all-in-one vape, or if you’re looking for something that will provide a stronger draw, you should consider buying a box mod vape kit.
Box Mod starter kits are more powerful and generally offer a more customised vape. If you plan on vaping for long periods then a box mod will provide a better experience. Box mods have bigger batteries and can be used with bigger tanks, so you won’t need to recharge or refill throughout the day.
The other reason a box mod starter kit would be a better choice is if you want to customize your vaping experience for example if you want to ‘cloud chase’ (creating massive vapour clouds) or you want to experiment with direct to lung vaping rather than mouth to lung.
Box mods also tend to be popular with people who enjoy technology and gadgets.
THE KEY FEATURES OF A STARTER KIT TO CONSIDER:
Is e-Liquid included? Some starter kits don’t include any E-liquid, check this, as you may have to order the e-liquid separately. You don’t want to be disappointed that you can’t get going when your kit arrives.
Will you need spares and replacements (coils/batteries etc.?) If your kit is not an all-in-one device you will need spares at some-point in the future. If your starter kit does not include spares, then make sure you know where to get them and order some before you need them, otherwise you may be caught short.
Remember, you might not always get a device that suits you first time. If you don’t get on with your device, don’t give up and go back to the fags, you may just need a different set up.
- Quick and easy way to get started
- Cost effective
- Tried and tested combinations
- Reduces confusing choices to make
- You still need to make a choice between the plethora of options available.
- If you make a bad choice, at least you will learn what you DON’T like.